My Blog List

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 5 PROJECT STEP: Technology related change




Hello everyone,
Well, as I have already mentioned in week 4 discussions, I hope for using blog as a tool to enhance my students' performance and get safely from the labyrinth my students are facing. Blog tool is something I have not tried with my students. I have only used it to reflect on some of my learning experiences that I have once upon a time.
A blog can be used easily for it is free from charge for educational purposes. It can be dealt with adequately once the instructions and requirements are made explicit for the whole class. The accessibility of the internet connection contribute a successfully in realizing these kinds of PBL.
Furthermore, I will make use of the Google drive for sharing files and documents that the students may need along their learning process. Students themselves can use them to show their expertise. There will a rubric to assess their process which would remain a common reference for everyone.
This is another alternative assessment for more credibility for students' work. It provides a better catering opportunity of different learning styles.
The students have a problem to prepare for their final exam, a four paragraphs essay together with all the potential requirements of an academic writing, bearing in mind that they are in a scientific option where English is required for effective communication only, while the scientific subjects have much importance. Thought English would make a difference regarding their ranking position.
The students will be asked to create their blogs and focus on their free writing. They will be asked to write a weekly post. Then, I (the teacher) would provide feedback for them to reconsider their production. In a later stage, students will have a peer evaluation process to see if they will have mastered the writing skills.  This is a kind of anticipation for evaluation phase.  

2 comments:

  1. Hello Abdesalam!

    Thank you for sharing ideas about your classroom issue!

    At first I thought I would use blogging to enhance my Ss productive skills, but then I changed my mind, because my Ss need help only with vocabulary skills.

    I can say more that "Blogger" itself is a brilliant tool to overcome many educational contexts, so I think it will be easier for your to solve your issue!

    Good luck!

    Best regards,
    Zulyar Kavashev
    Kazakhstan, Almaty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support. In fact a blog would make students more engaging.

    ReplyDelete