My Blog List

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Project Task 3: Read and discuss a past sample project report


Hello everyone,
I have read «10 Speaking English Activities using TED.com by KALINAGO ENGLISH
The article refutes the idea that it is obligatory for a teacher should have considerable time to prepare for a listening activity based on a particular video. She suggested that the fact of doing so make the whole activity devoid of its authenticity. It “erodes the power of the message within the video,” and “takes away the inherent pleasure in learning from TED speakers. “ 
She put forward some activities that need to be implemented in the classroom without that tremendous effort that could be invested on particular demanding tasks.  To illustrate I have used these activities in my classroom and I would like to persuade other colleagues to use them. :
·         Prediction:  what's the video going to be about?
·         Vocabulary Collection
·         Debate
·         Post-speech interview
·         Critical Thinking - Who's the target audience?

These kinds of tasks help my students explore their critical thinking potential which is a paramount importance exercises that should be enhanced. 
Thank you Hanna Baradzina and all colleagues,
It is great to have read your post suggesting teaching different sub-skills in your lessons, including intonation, rhythm, stress... These suggestions are in line to your classroom and the level of your students.
My task seems to be hard little bit because I have to deal with critical thinking activities all the time. There is no direct teaching of grammar and vocabulary in my classroom. My students are considered or are supposed to have a good command of English. However, I should meet the needs of special students in the "Colles" sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment