My Blog List

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Week 6 materials



The reading materials I have seen so far were great recourses for me. They were helpful. I have read the article of “Creating an Interactive PowerPoint Lesson for the Classroom”.  It was interesting as it stipulates 9 steps to create a lively Power Point presentation by alluding to the sequence and task that should be done.  I also like “a Jeopardy style quiz game” making, which proves to be easy by putting into practice all the given instructions to create a game for students. I will use it more effectively to create interactive games for undergraduate students. For my students, I do prefer to create an andragogy lesson for their age, and the kinds of requirements that we have to achieve within our syllabus.0
The article “POWERPOINT BEYOND THE BASICS” is very interesting as it rejuvenates my knowledge and skills to create successful Power Point Presentations. It is necessary to know the basics before jumping to advanced level.
 Like also “AutoSummarize” option that show how you can be aware of the key words within a document.
Last not least, it has been great to see the “Top Ten Slide Tips”
1. Keep it Simple
2. Limit bullet points & text
3. Limit transitions & builds (animation)
4. Use high-quality graphics
5. Have a visual theme, but avoid using PowerPoint templates
6. Use appropriate charts
7. Use color well
8. Choose your fonts well
9. Use video or audio
10. Spend time in the slide sorter
I have uploaded a Power Pont Presentation for a quick review and a try to see the effectiveness of the use of PPPs

1 comment:

  1. Hello Abdesalam,

    The vast array of articles and videos on PPT did help a lot. All the important points to remember while making a PPT have been so well summarized by you. Thanks for the list!

    I too enjoyed the live presentations from Eugene, Oregon, very much. However, link was poor sometimes. It is great to see our former participants presenting their thoughts so eloquently!

    Best of luck for week 7,
    Sharmila from India

    ReplyDelete